Friday, May 26, 2006

Ups and Downs

It's been another wild week at the old H Ranchero. Ups and downs all over the place.

Ups:
*My favorite co-worker was finally given the boot.
*We finally have a new boss who everyone in the company says is fabulous...including the team that is losing him, as he is transferring from another office (more about this in the down side).
*With our new boss is corporate's offer to pump muchos dineros into acquisition and development of millions of square feet of industrial and office space into our office's portfolio, so we will be growing by leaps and bounds.
*My co-workers gave me a huge bouquet of flowers for a belated birthday gift.
*I read about a website called Bookins in a newsletter that I receive from the USPS about a site where you can trade books. You only pay shipping. Thought this is would be a good way to get rid of those books that I know I will not read again, and pass them on to someone who will.

Downs:
*We are getting a new boss because we will be closing another office.
*We were the recipients of a hit-and-run. Luckily, everyone is OK. But we aren't sure, yet, what this will mean to my beloved mini-van. She looks pretty bad. Idiot driver decided to go over a concrete curb for a protected left turn lane and hit us practically head on. Then backed up, did a 180 and high-tailed it through a parking lot and down a side street. (But they did hit us hard enough to leave their license plate at the scene, so we will be able to track them down.)
*3 weeks until we have to have a community outreach project and everything gets shot down by a co-worker who doesn't want to work outside, but refuses come up with alternate ideas or places to book. I may need to make the executive decision and let the chips fall where they may.
*Our next-door tenant told me that he would like to expand into our new office by the end of this year. Gads!!! Maybe this time I will be the one to go on vacation the week before we move again.
*I'm cleaning out my coffee-maker so our house smells like hot vinegar.

Nothing too unbearable to complain about. Things could be better, but things could be a zillion times worse. We're all still "alive and kickin'." (<--that's for your Lady Fan)

11 comments:

Cassie said...

I'm sure glad you're all ok. Stupid co-workers! I have some too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for you that your favorite co-worker finally got the recognition he deserved!

Why is Steve not allowed to go to Lowe's? He says he doesn't know. Sounds like the kid who gets a conduct report and doesn't know why because he "didn't do nothing."

Kirsten said...

Oh, I had some problems with Lowes the other week. I had ordered some shelving for the storage room at work online. Although when I bought them, they were in stock, when I went to pick them up from the closest store they were gone. After waiting there for 30 minutes, they sent me to another store further down the road which took another 30 minutes down the road. When I got there, they told me that I couldn't just pick them up because they had been purchased from the other store. They were supposed to just issue a refund. So then I had to wait around for the first store to issue a credit to a gift card and then call the second store with the gift card amount. That took about 25 minutes. After that, they brought me the wrong shelving. So, another fifteen minutes of waiting for them to bring the right shelves. After that, I had an hour drive back to the office. This was in conjunction with the fact that I had our building technician with us, so he wasn't available for any tenant calls for the 2+ hours that this 45 minute errand was supposed to take. It was a less than pleasant day.

Can't understand why they didn't hold the shelving at the first Lowe's when I had already paid for them.

Cassie said...

Sounds like they should have offered to have the stuff delivered at no charge while giving you a generous discount as well.

Michelle said...

Been a bit since you last posted, glad everything is ok :o)

Cassie said...

Oh Kirsten, thank you so much for the necklace and candles and card. I love them! That necklace is so beautiful. I just love it. Jack does too so he tries to con me into letting him wear it. The card is gorgeous too. You are so creative! Thank you!!

Steve said...

Umm, Cassie...

Didn't you read the card? I made it and the necklace. Me. All by myself. No help from the missus.

Cassie said...

I did read the card and I didn't believe it, nor do I believe your comment posted here. And don't think about logging on as Kirsten and trying to say you made them because I won't believe that either. I wasn't born yesterday.

Steve said...

She wants hugs, but she doesn't post... Hmmmmmmm

Cassie said...

DS-i-l Where are you?

Michelle said...

Have to comment here because your comments are turned off on the post above!
"Arthur" ranked pretty high in my house for a number of years, now it's Hello Kitty!

Have a blast at the wedding :o)