Thursday, December 08, 2005

Due to popular demand

OK, my arm has been twisted (cha ching!).
This is the sweet potato casserole recipe that I "borrowed" from my friend Debbie. Who or where she got it from, I do not know. Note however, that this makes a lot, so I usually do a half recipe for just the family, and we still eat it for days afterwards as it's very rich.

Potato Mixture:
3 large eggs
5 lbs. sweet potatoes (peeled, boiled, drained & mashed)
2/3 c. sugar
2/3 c. melted margarine or butter
1/3 c. heavy cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Beat eggs; stir in potatoes until blended. Add remaining ingredients. Spread in greased 2 quart casserole.

Topping:
1 c. light brown sugar
1/3 c. flour
1 c. finely chopped pecans
1/3 c. margarine or butter, cut into small pieces
pecan halves

Mix sugar, flour and chopped pecans. Work in butter with your hands until it makes fine crumbs and sprinkle over potato mixture. Garnish with pecan halves.

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Oh I see... you take my recipe, then credit it to someone else, and print it without my permission. You might think you're all peaches and gravy, but you're nothing more than an umbrella!