Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Birthdays

Well, my birthday came and went the weekend without too much fanfare. Spent the day with my family...took the kids to the park, had cake and ice cream, ran around the apartment, then went to dinner at IHOP. The kids were little monsters, acted like we never let them in public. Oh well. On the bright side, it's still my birthday month, so I will keep celebrating it until May is over. I love my birthday, even with my little monsters.

I love birthdays in general. I much prefer them to regular holidays. It's so much easier to focus on one person at a time and make them feel special than a whole crowd. As much as I love the family time and general spirit of Christmas and other holidays, I'd still rather celebrate someone's birthday. I don't understand people who don't like to admit to their birthdays. It's not about getting older, it's about beginning another year of life (even if this year's is my fourth try at 29).

So celebrate your birthday...it's all about you!

No comments: