Friday, October 28, 2005

Typical day

Well, I just read our Office Administrator Manual from cover to cover in lieu of filing. Gosh, I missed quite a bit of info when I was sent home from our training session because of the hurricane that never hit Houston. It was rather enlightening, though. Now the fun part--getting everyone in our office to be compliant to the policies and procedures. They aren't too keen on that.

Oh well.

On the bright side I have cute kids, always smiling, doing what they are told, being polite and going to bed when they are told. My DH, on the other had, has kids who cry and refuse to put on their Holloween costumes for the party at daycare and sulk about brushing their teeth and refuse to stay tucked in.

This morning, our daughter threw a fit because DH would not give her cereal before going to daycare this morning. (She does get breakfast at daycare, too, so it's not like we were starving her by any means.) So, to show her displeasure, shrieked to the high heavens about having permission to wear her costume for the party today. Go figure. This is the costume that we practically had to pry off of her last week and had to put up in her closet to keep her from wearing it to shreds before Holloween, and she refused to wear it. Ah, the joys of childhood.

5 comments:

Steve said...

It's so odd how you accuse my children of being the miscreants. I've never had a glimmer of difficulty from any of my kids. Your kids, on the other hand, have nuns swearing.

Anonymous said...

Personally, I never had any trouble with my kids. They loved each other and always played together and stuck up for each other. Why, my oldest was less than two years old when his sister was born, and he shared his popsicle with her as her little six-week-old self lay screaming on the couch. My kids always have been generous to a fault with each other. They were model children, kind of like Robert Young and Jane Wyatt's on tv in the fifties...

Cassie said...

Well I'm not sure what son Gramma is speaking of because my brother used to be mean to me. He told me if I poured water from one glass to another a few times it would make it Water Scotch and I would get drunk. He then laughed at me when I acted drunk.

Weary Hag said...

SO glad Steve put your link up on his post! I'm a fairly regular "Steve" reader and fond fan of his. Nice to meet you Mrs. Steve.

As to the kids and their antics ... you're right. Ya gotta love 'em!

Kirsten said...

Welcome, Weary! I'm always excited to have new readers who aren't spamming me.