Saturday, November 12, 2005

76 Degrees +

My DH and I had an argument last night.

"Woman, it's burning up in here!"
"No, it's not."
"There's a reason why I'm running around in my boxers."
"There's a reason why I'm huddling under a blanket."
"Look at me. I'm sweating."
"I have been cold all day! I was shivering in my jacket at work. Someone set the thermostat for 73 degrees!"
"Um, that's called room temperature."
"Well, technically, any temperature that a room is would be room temperature."

We often wonder how we have stayed married. He's always hot. I think he's nuts. I am always cold when it's below 76 degrees. But, this Thanksgiving will be our four-year anniversary. We've survived San Angelo, three kids and the apartment from hell.

Here's to many more years of thermostat wars!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve's dad was the cold one in our home. Of course, he ran around in his boxers and no shirt, and then turned the thermostat up to 80. I think it's in the marriage manual somewhere that one shall be cold, and one shall be hot, and neither shall be the other at any time.

Steve said...

I really want to buy a cabin in Michigan. I miss that place. It was quiet, and fun

Anonymous said...

Steve,
You should buy a getaway cabin wherever you end up living. I wish I had access to the cabin still, too.

red.hot.mamma! said...

Congrats on 4 years! If you can survive San Angelo, you can survive anything.

(Not to mention parenthood.)

Kirsten said...

Thanks for the congrats on the length of time. Although, I have to admit that it has gone by quickly. DH definitely makes it entertaining!

Someday, Steve, we will have a getaway place....I'll send you up with the kids and I'll relax at the spa (or catch up on my sleep).

Steve said...

If we had the Cabin back in MI, we could send the kids out in the woods and I could go fishing and you could cook and vacuum and nap (in that order, of course).

Kirsten said...

cook and vacuum and nap, oh my!
cooking and vacuuming are hard to do while huddled under a blanket.

Steve said...

It's actually chilly today. Of course, I'm at school, where the temperature is set at 58 degrees, as opposed to home, where we set the AC at 82.

Weary Hag said...

Oh yes! The familiar temperature wars. They happen in our house all too often. My fiance always used to be hot ... then he went on a health-kick diet/lifestyle change thing (which drove me near nuts) and he lost 50 pounds. Now he's always cold and I'm the one with the hot flashes! Go figure.

Weary Hag said...

Oh nuts. I meant to say Happy almost anniversary! Best wishes for many, many more.

Cassie said...

Ahhh at my house we keep the thermostat at 60 degrees until Brett gets home and then he hikes it up to 85.

Anonymous said...

And I just keep mine at an even 65 all the time. But I am carrying around a lot of personal insulation...