Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Countdown

Another day at the salt mine. Only 30 minutes to go until we close. We're off early today for Thanksgiving. For that I give thanks.

I've been killing time cruising the net, reading about stamping techniques. It's one of my hobbies that I find I have less and less time to indulge in. Although, I'm still hell bent on making my Christmas cards this year. I did make a few last year, but didn't quite get them all done in time to mail. And I wasn't completely pleased with the results. At least this year I have the idea together and have started the project. I'm doing a better job of assembly-lining, and hope to have stage 2 done by the end of this weekend. (haha) After I finish watercoloring everything, I will be ready to do all of the cut and paste work and then put everything together into the actual cards.

Twenty-six minutes to go....

I've already recorded the holiday greeting on for our office. Yes, that's my lovely voice that you hear when you call and the "night answer" message kicks in. Thank you for calling, but we're not here because our bosses are letting us have the day off while you slave away. Either that, or it's the weekend so leave us alone. And have a nice day. (<---that's for you DH)

No, I really don't say "and have a nice day." Well, not at work. I have put it on our home answering machine because it drives my hubby batty.

Eighteen minutes to go....

Saturday, I made the mistake of untying the children while DH was at school. Suffice to say, when he walked in after class, I was in the middle of flailing my arms around wildly after walking in on Sean filling the toilet with toilet paper and Ben and Ava throwing water from a plastic bottle, which they filled from the sinkful of water, all over the bathroom from ceiling to floor. He told me to leave and not come back until after they were in bed.

I decided to catch a movie, since I didn't want to go to the mall (and I thought the violent urge to cut my hair off might be stress motivated). After dialing Movie Phone, which I never believed anyone really used it, I chose Pride and Prejudice with DH's dream girl Kiera Knightly (which, by the way, she spells incorrectly. My best friend in preschool and kindergarten spelled it Kira, which is the right way and will always be the right way.). I have to admit that it was well done. (Although I still want to see the BBC mini-series version that I always miss when it's run on PBS.) It's a gorgeous movie and the audience got the humor.

Time's up....

Yea! Answering the phone killed those last few minutes. If I don't blog between now and tomorrow, have yourself a safe an happy Thanksgiving!!!

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

BTW--when I said I was wilding flailing my arms, I meant it in the Kramer sense, not the Mommy Dearest sense.

Cassie said...

lol! That's hilarious, your comment I mean.

I made Christmas cards last year but this year I'm using the excuse that I don't have time since I am working and have a baby. You're making that difficult.

Kirsten said...

I know it would be easier and less time consuming to buy cards. But I actually like to make them. So, in a sense, it's actually a gift to myself to take the time to make them.

Steve said...

She makes the cards as a gift to herself. I watch the kids for the 8 days it takes to make them, which is my gift to herself. Sacrificing sanity for homemade cards - I'm father of the year!

Kirsten said...

lol...that would be the case if I didn't work on them after they went to bed.