Wednesday, November 07, 2007

November's long post

Well, the first week and three days at the new job have past. I'm still alive, still trying to figure out what in the world I'm doing. A bit disappointed at the lack of training on simple things, like how to use the phone, no updated phone list, etc. Nothing like picking up a call and (1) not knowing if the person works there, (2) what extension he/she is at, and (3) how to get the caller off my line and either to the other party or in their voicemail. I felt bad that I only had 4 days to train my replacement at my last job, and here I was kinda dropped in a desk and told to fend for myself.

Oh well, I'm getting the hang of it, even if I feel a bit harried and hurried. Not quite up to speed on their systems and not quite used to answering to seven people at the same time, but I can only do what I can do.

Other than that everything is OK.

Halloween came and went trick-or-treating as a Mad Scientist (Stinky), the Little Mermaid (Pumpkin) and "Buzz-Like-Year" (Apple-S). We still have not carved the pumpkin. Stinky, Pumpkin and Apple did draw all over it with a Sharpie, so there are two faces, a cat, and some random letters and numbers and dots. Quite a bit more creative than anything DH or I could have done with a knife. And we haven't had to deal with the guts yet. Perhaps this weekend we'll dig in and I'll roast up some seeds.

I still haven't finished my last pearl necklace. Poor thing is sitting in the glass bowl and staring at me from under the pile of other items that have landed on it in the interim. Maybe later this week I'll pull it out and work another inch or two. Part of the problem is that I saw a mistake that I made about 1.5 inches ago. Part of me wants to take the whole thing apart and start over (yikes!) since I know the error is there (which with this type of stitch isn't exactly a piece of cake). Part of me thinks I'm the only one who sees the extra loop, so what's the big deal. They're arguing, so the project just sits. You'd think I'd pick up something else while my brain duels it out, but I haven't yet, although I have several ideas bouncing around in my head.

Seems this is turning into a list of things i haven't done, so...

I did do about about eight loads of laundry over the weekend and went grocery shopping. I'm sure that is thrilling news. I did put gas in the car and attempted to find a quicker way to and from work (hahaha). I watched TV and looked for one of the four books that I am reading (and will eventually finish).

We drove northbound and visited Debbie and Nuje and their family and went to park and chased the kids and played Frisbee. Then fed the ruggers and sent them upstairs to watch The Incredibles while we bowled on the Wii. I won 2 out of 4 rounds, which is pretty good considering I have never played before. (Honey, maybe we should start saving up for Christmas...after all YOU got the X-Box that the kids broke and the DS to keep Stinky occupied while you all were fishing...what do I have to play with?)

The big news, though most of you already know, is that hubby passed the bar with flying colors! Yeah! Three years of sacrificing. Here's to a nice pay-off, or at least enough money to put the kids through college and have a comfortable retirement with lots of travel, and maybe cable-TV and a DSL or wireless Internet connection.... And a vacation (kids attendance is optional). OK, and a house with a guest room for our always-welcome families to stay and an office for DS and a hobby room for me (rooms for the kids are also optional--we can always make them "outdoor" children, which is a joke only my mom will get, but to me it's hilarious).

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Congratulations on you and Steve passing the bar (I know you worked as hard as he did)!

I hope you keep WA in mind for your travel plans. We miss you! I wish we could come see you guys I just don't know when that might happen.

Kudos on the laundry!! We're wearing our underwear for the fifth day in a row. (j/k... or am I?)