Friday, March 17, 2006

Oh yeah, I'm supposed to put a title here.

Well, I've noticed that I have been negligent in updating this here blog...not that that is a big surprise. I've been busy slacking off.

I was going to take a picture of one of my new project, but can't find the camera, so you will just have to wait and see... I'm borrowing heatherfeather's idea regarding some of her postings.

Went to a Southern Living party for a friend of mine who is a consultant, and she was kind enough to allow me to set up a little table of my MK stuff (shameless plug). Although only five people (including me) showed up for her party, I still ended up with $80+ in sales without lifting a finger, and everyone ordered from her, too.

The evening wrapped up pretty quickly, and I was home by 8:30, with the little ones already in bed for the night, although DD was not asleep yet. I went in to check on her and she was laying on the floor next to her big brother (camp out night). DS was sound asleep, but she was ready to chat and discuss her sheep "slipperies" which we was still wearing. She is convinced that she must be very careful while walking in them, lest she falls. Ben woke up in the middle of my awe-inspiring rendition of "A---- Had a Little Lamb," mostly because DD was not happy to be inserted in Mary's place. "NO! Not A-----, MARY had a little lamb, little lamb, it's sheep was white as snow!" DD then began a long monlogue about how eating a wrapper will make you have "tornado eyes." (That's what she calls the spiral-y eyes in illustrations, specifically from the book: Sometimes I'm Bombaloo. And that somehow ended up into a conversation with DS about how there are 6 Harry Potter books but only 4 Harry Potter movies (I'm too lazy to link these...although I'm sure there are many choices available).

I'm not sure how I disengaged from them, but somehow I did manage to make them lay back down and at least pretend to get some sleep. I know at some point one or two of them will end up in our bed during the night. Inevitable.

7 comments:

Steve said...

I kind of like tornado eyes to mean angry. It's cute.

Michelle said...

"Tornado Eyes"....omg, how adorable, i may have to pass that one on to my DD :o)

Cassie said...

Geez, how did we end up with such cute kids?

Steve said...

Well, let's eliminate all the variables and find the one constant. Kirsten has no genetic connection to your boy, and you have none with The Boy. I'm the parent of The Boy, and have a genetic connection to all the rest. Ergo, the reason the kids are so cute is because of me. Ditto the smart and funny.

Anonymous said...

Excuse ee moi, but I am the gramma. Doesn't that count? I am cute and fun to be with -- have been saying so for years, telling everyone who slowed down near me. Seems obvious they got all their cute from me.

BTW, Kirsten, I like the new look of your blog.

Steve said...

Enough with the jumping, it's time for a post!

Cassie said...

Steve leave your DW alone. She's busy taking care of her 4 kids... I mean 3 kids and husband.