Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sundays

DH made me get up early this morning in order to go out for breakfast with the kiddoes. It's always a bit of an under-taking, involving much "Go get your shoes and socks on now!" (Not to me, but to the kids.) Oldest DS hates going anywhere in the morning...I have no idea where he gets that from. I'm always up for adventure before the sun gets up, even without copious amounts of coffee. (Eeeek! Lightning!)

I finally finished one of my projects last night and have posted it for all to gaze upon. I'm slowly teaching myself a new hobby.



That one took forever as it required much weaving of seed beads and bugles, and of course, I have similar one in progress with AB clear bugles and clear/pink seed beads. Here's one that I finished a while ago:


It's just memory wire with some light grey glass pearls and silver beads and a pair of earings to match. Since I had a bunch of the grey beads left, I also made a similar necklace and earings with different silver spacers. I'll post it another time.

When I had finally finished the project and right before I went to bed, DD trotted into the room to tell DH and me that she had "fallen out of the bed." DH looked at her and said, "Well, climb back into bed." She pondered for a moment and said, "OK." And jogged back to her room.

As it stands right now, Oldest DS's tooth is still hanging on, but barely. Youngest DS is napping after a fun post-breakfast at BN and the park, where the kids hair stood up completely on end after flying down the slides. Gotta love that static electricity. The rest of the day is full of laundry and dozing while DH finishes his reading for school.

Oh yeah, and for dinner yesterday, DH made me cook, so I put together a shrimp boil (kinda like a crawfish boil, but no crawfish, and no newspaper-covered picnic table in the backyard to dump out the crawfish and corn and pototoes on...well, there was no sausage either). OK, so maybe it wasn't really too much like a crawfish boil, other than I boiled some shrimp in seasoning with corn and potatoes. But it sure was tasty!


12 comments:

Steve said...

You keep complaining that nobody comments, yet you get mad when I offer to comment. Pick a side!

Kirsten said...

Hmmmmm....I've noticed that your comment did not say:
"I love you very much. You are my favorite wife."
As you told me you wrote.

Cassie said...

I like the "you are my favorite wife" part. Brett always yells when I tell him he's my favorite husband, like that implies that I've had more than one. It doesn't you know. I'm comparing him to other people's husbands. Ok, I think I'm delirious from 2 bouts (sp?) of the flu in just as many weeks.

Kirsten said...

Yikes...2 bouts of the flu! Feel better soon, Cassie!

Anonymous said...

First Jack with croup, then Cassie with the unmentionable uglies, now Gramma with another freakin' cold... gee whiz, I wish this would end.

So now I'm wondering, Kirsten, did you make that beautiful necklace and bracelet you sent? Is it a necklace? It's lovely as one, with the ends just looped, one over the other, but then I thought it might be for eyeglasses...

Steve - you must not tell fibs to your wife. Don't you know how wonderful she is, and how lucky you are? (and by you, I mean all of us)

Michelle said...

Wow, i love the earrings! You obviously have too much time on your hands to be able to have a hobby!!!
Just teasing ;)

Michelle said...

Wow, i love the earrings! You obviously have too much time on your hands to be able to have a hobby!!!
Just teasing ;)

Michelle said...

Wow, i love the earrings! You obviously have too much time on your hands to be able to have a hobby!!!
Just teasing ;)

Steve said...

I think Michelle really loved the earrings

nuje said...

Those "projects" are really nice.

"Well, climb back into bed." That is soooooooooooooooooo Steve. :)

Kirsten said...

Gramma, yes, it's a necklace, lariat-style. You can also wrap a choker around the top and then tie the ends or fold in half and tuck the ends through the loop (kind of like a scarf) and let it dangle loosely. It was one of my first attempts. I thought of you when I saw the black and red swirly beads-artsy.

Kirsten said...

Thanks, Nuje.
The funny thing about telling DD to "climb back in bed" is that she wasn't upset. She really just tilted her head to the side and just trotted back to her room--as if she was thinking "Oh! Why didn't I think of that!"