Friday, March 31, 2006


I'm getting old. It's just after 9 p.m. and I'm ready to crash for the night and the weekend. The kids are in bed...although not quite asleep. DD was in the room while I was washing my face and trying to bribe me into reading a story to her, the "if you won't read this, then you're not my friend" song-and-dance. I told her to go to bed. She told me I was not her friend.

On a happy note, oldest DS lost his 2nd top tooth tonight. He was excited because he can suck more noodles through the gap where his teeth used to be.

Youngest DS was not a pleasant child at daycare today. After losing 3 hours of sleep last night, he only napped for 20 minutes. Suffice to say, I think the poor teachers there were relieved to see me. But he heartily and cheerily wave good-bye and then immediately looked for his siblings.

Work is trucking along. Sitting in on phone conferences and waiting on bids for movers. One has been turned in...I haven't heard yet from the others. And it looks like we will be moving on a Saturday now, and that I have to have the phone/data cabler and an electrician on hand in order to pull the cords out of the cubicles and de-electrify before the movers cut everything. They also have to be there to pull everything through the cubicles when the movers set them up in the new space. Can't wait.

The big topic at work right now are the construction difficulties with the Comcast Center. Apparently, the plumber's union is fighting the use of waterless urinals, which may cost the building it's LEED "Green Building" rating. It would be the tallest Green building on the East coast. If they cannot get the permits for these urinals (which will save 1.6 mil gallons of water per year), then the Bank of America building in NYC will get the honors for the tallest Green building. Of course there are those that do not like them for other reasons. I have no opinion.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Kirsten it's 4.30pm Sat afternoon and i'm ready to crash for the weekend.....trust me you're not old!! Did you make the necklace and bracelet? Very stunning :)

Cassie said...

I love the jewlery! How do you come up with such beautiful designs? I'm not very creative when it comes to that kind of thing. The most intricate pattern I can think of on my own is alternating colors.

Steve said...

I come up with the designs; in fact, I'm responsible for most of the creative ideas she uses. Of course, being married and living in a community property state, she doesn't have to list me as the source/inspiration/talent/sex appeal.

Steve said...

Hey, Oldie McOlderson, take some geritol and write a post!